- Local News
Patty Walker attempts to catch her mortarboard after giving instructor Kay Pitrolo a hug.
Adult & Community Education Center students mark milestone: PHOTOS
Students of the Marion County Adult & Community Education Center celebrated their completion of the General Education Development test at a graduation ceremony Tuesday evening at the Feaster Center on the campus of Fairmont State University.
- Hearing set for murder suspects
- Gravel, fuel spills cause traffic delays in county
- Pierpont to move some classrooms, offices downtown
- Mannington bridge named in honor of ‘Doc’ and Florence Elliott
- Adult & Community Education Center students mark milestone: PHOTOS
FSHS glides past Braxton, 11-0: PHOTOS
Fairmont Senior High School’s baseball team leveled Braxton County in the Class AA semi-regionals Tuesday evening, 11-0.
The Polar Bears were led by their cleanup hitter, Johnny Kesling, and starting pitcher, Fletcher DeVaul.
- HERTZEL COLUMN: Bill Stewart is missed, remembered
- Miles granted release from WVU
- WVU baseball team helps those in tornado’s path
- Horton signs with Fairmont State
- FSHS glides past Braxton, 11-0: PHOTOS
- West Virginia
Protesters rally at FirstEnergy annual meeting
At least 200 union workers picketed FirstEnergy’s annual shareholder meeting in West Virginia on Tuesday, demanding the Ohio-based utility hire enough people to keep the power on without forcing an ever-shrinking labor force to work as many as 1,800 hours of overtime a year.
- Waiver eliminates ‘one-size-fits-all’ approach
- W.Va. gets reprieve from No Child Left Behind law
- Big decision looms for W.Va. House
- Coin commemorates W.Va.’s 150th birthday
- Protesters rally at FirstEnergy annual meeting
- Headline News
Search for tornado survivors nearly complete
Helmeted rescue workers raced Tuesday to complete the search for survivors and the dead in the Oklahoma City suburb where a mammoth tornado destroyed countless homes, cleared lots down to bare red earth and claimed 24 lives, including those of nine children.
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- Teachers credited with saving students in Oklahoma
- States get reprieve from education law
- Obama urged to address economy
- Search for tornado survivors nearly complete
Men play major role regarding gender gap
Sorry, fellas, but President Barack Obama’s re-election makes it official: Women can overrule men at the ballot box.
For the first time in research dating to 1952, a presidential candidate whom men chose decisively — Republican Mitt Romney — lost. More women voted for the other guy.
- Obama returns to divided government
- Battleground bonanza
- Democrats maintain control of U.S. Senate
- Republicans drive to renewed control of U.S. House
- Men play major role regarding gender gap
Should you friend your boss on Facebook?
So? Should you and your boss be friends on Facebook? The answer, of course, is not simple.
- Link to the past
- Slate: The physics of cracking an egg
- VIDEO: Bacon, pork shortage expected for next year
- Watching your favorite programs together may be killing your relationship
- Should you friend your boss on Facebook?
- Special Web Sections
- News Poll
- Sports Poll